10 months ago
Sunday, August 31, 2008
A Quick Question . . .
I have worked with some pretty crazy kids . . . does anyone think I can work with a former rapist, and / or former axe murderer? I mean the latter is in his 60s. And there was seriously co-morbidity going on (lots of drugs with serious mental illness). But, really, can I? I am trying to decide this. Opinions are not only welcomed, but requested. This would be some interesting experience and, well, I could probably study on my shifts there . . . hmmm. And, well, I need a job, I want to work with adults, but I am also very focused on working with survivors. Can I work on the otherside??? Oh, the youngest client is 49 and I am sure they are all heavily medicated . . . so safety, not so bad. I hope.
- a work in progress
- Portland, OR, United States
- I am a daughter, sister, friend, wife, counselor and colleague. I am a work in progress. There may be some pieces out of place and things might be messy, but it's okay. I would rather accept that I am still unfinished than think that this is it. You can find my comments on faith and spirituality on my blog: http://themessinessoffaith.blogspot.com/ And my comments and anecdotes on life at: http://sheisaworkinprogress.blogspot.com/
People You Wish You Knew (and some other cool blogs)
1 year ago
2 years ago
3 years ago
8 years ago
8 years ago
9 years ago
9 years ago
Books That Matter. Well, some of the many that matter.
- Magical Shrinking: Stumbling Through Bipolar Disorder, Chris Wells
- Pride & Prejudice, Jane Austen
- An Abudance of Katherines, John Green
- Dave Pelzer
- Franny & Zooey, J.D. Salinger
- I Was Told There'd Be Cake, Sloane Crosley
- The Cloister Walk, Kathleen Norris
- The Developing Mind: How Relationships and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are, Daniel J. Siegel
- ► 2009 (53)
- A Quick Question . . .
- House Warming
- Cars & Computers = Crying = Curse is Proven
- The Gift of Therapy (stolen from Kristie's blog, "...
- Things I have been meaning to say . . . about an u...
- The Rain in Spain Falls Mainly on the Plain . . . ...
- London Baby - or maybe not . . .
- Who needs a stupid airplane . . . (8/2008)
- If Sloane Crosley & I Were Friends We Would TOTALL...
- BEST BIRTHDAY EVER
- Day 1 - post 30th Birthday
- Wow! Instead of counting down - I’m counting up!
- You turn 30! Then tell me about it!
- $153.00 (a rought draft vignette)
- Welcome Back!!
- ▼ August (16)