8 months ago
Sunday, August 31, 2008
In short - because I am outside and it is raining and I am waiting to be picked up from this cold coffee shop patio - seemed to be a success. Maybe I was wrong about the whole friends in Portland thing. Maybe it is coming together. So there aren't deep roots like old trees - but there are awesome people. And one knew what weebles were - that's right they wobble but they do not fall down. I could go all metaphorical with that . . . but I won't. More on this later but in short, I am just happy that it went so well and for the wonderful people who came. I gotta say, the people who were playing catchphrase in my living room were people I would NEVER have imagined playing catch phrase together. It was highly entertaining - hilarity definitely ensued.
- a work in progress
- Portland, OR, United States
- I am a daughter, sister, friend, wife, counselor and colleague. I am a work in progress. There may be some pieces out of place and things might be messy, but it's okay. I would rather accept that I am still unfinished than think that this is it. You can find my comments on faith and spirituality on my blog: http://themessinessoffaith.blogspot.com/ And my comments and anecdotes on life at: http://sheisaworkinprogress.blogspot.com/
People You Wish You Knew (and some other cool blogs)
1 year ago
2 years ago
2 years ago
7 years ago
8 years ago
9 years ago
9 years ago
Books That Matter. Well, some of the many that matter.
- Magical Shrinking: Stumbling Through Bipolar Disorder, Chris Wells
- Pride & Prejudice, Jane Austen
- An Abudance of Katherines, John Green
- Dave Pelzer
- Franny & Zooey, J.D. Salinger
- I Was Told There'd Be Cake, Sloane Crosley
- The Cloister Walk, Kathleen Norris
- The Developing Mind: How Relationships and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are, Daniel J. Siegel
- ► 2009 (53)
- A Quick Question . . .
- House Warming
- Cars & Computers = Crying = Curse is Proven
- The Gift of Therapy (stolen from Kristie's blog, "...
- Things I have been meaning to say . . . about an u...
- The Rain in Spain Falls Mainly on the Plain . . . ...
- London Baby - or maybe not . . .
- Who needs a stupid airplane . . . (8/2008)
- If Sloane Crosley & I Were Friends We Would TOTALL...
- BEST BIRTHDAY EVER
- Day 1 - post 30th Birthday
- Wow! Instead of counting down - I’m counting up!
- You turn 30! Then tell me about it!
- $153.00 (a rought draft vignette)
- Welcome Back!!
- ▼ August (16)