Friday, August 15, 2008

London Baby - or maybe not . . .

As many of you know I have been trying to work it out so I can work in the UK next Spring. Yes this would extend graduate school but, uhm, I would live in London for 6 months so that makes it all okay in my mind. I have been doing all of this research and it is complicated because I want work in the social work field but of course my degree has issues and my experience blah blah - but I might be able to spin it (I did work in public relations) to make it work. But there is no guarantee and that application is expensive. In fact the price of everything seems to be going up - there are all of these new fees . . .

But that aside I realized that BUNAC (the agency that sets everything up) requires that you had 8 Units LAST spring and I only had 7. I took 9 over the summer and have 14 this fall . . . but that might not count because they don't really count summer. I have requested veriftication and hope that it clears and then I can decide more from there but - grrrrrr!!!!

Kyle still might go . . . he says I can visit, but I can't really because if I am staying then I am going to kick ass in school and make sure I can graduate Spring 2010 - even though in my program I still may not make it because it is really choose death by classes *17 units or something a term* or 3 years at a lower fulltime load. Meaning London or not I should be 2011.

Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

Who knows.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Portland, OR, United States
I am a daughter, sister, friend, wife, counselor and colleague. I am a work in progress. There may be some pieces out of place and things might be messy, but it's okay. I would rather accept that I am still unfinished than think that this is it. You can find my comments on faith and spirituality on my blog: http://themessinessoffaith.blogspot.com/ And my comments and anecdotes on life at: http://sheisaworkinprogress.blogspot.com/

Books That Matter. Well, some of the many that matter.

  • Magical Shrinking: Stumbling Through Bipolar Disorder, Chris Wells
  • Pride & Prejudice, Jane Austen
  • An Abudance of Katherines, John Green
  • Dave Pelzer
  • Franny & Zooey, J.D. Salinger
  • I Was Told There'd Be Cake, Sloane Crosley
  • The Cloister Walk, Kathleen Norris
  • The Developing Mind: How Relationships and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are, Daniel J. Siegel
Powered By Blogger