Saturday, March 24, 2007

She Is A Work In Progress - Welcome


This blog is an extension to my myspace blogs...but here it is a glimpse into fiction. Here the fiction is what comes from reality and the fiction that is secretly enmeshed in our hearts when we long for, or remember, pieces of our own histories, or those of others.

Please read along when you feel the need to slip away into something other than your day to day...and please respond to things, critically or kindly. Like what I write here, I am a work in progress. As everyone knows a work can only be completed with the efforts of many. It is the notion that it takes a village to raise a child. How many villagers does it take to raise a grown up? Or to carry one another through the many broken pieces of our hearts and lives?

Sometimes we live reckless and with abandon, sometimes we abandon the hearts that trust us or our own, either way, we need a village, each and everyone of us.

Here in this blog there are pieces of my heart, mind, thoughts...stories not told in chronological (nor any logical) order. Who knows maybe one day they will be successfully melded together to be a famous or touching novel. In the meanwhile they are glimpses into my heart and head, many of them moments dancing in the light of fiction.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Portland, OR, United States
I am a daughter, sister, friend, wife, counselor and colleague. I am a work in progress. There may be some pieces out of place and things might be messy, but it's okay. I would rather accept that I am still unfinished than think that this is it. You can find my comments on faith and spirituality on my blog: http://themessinessoffaith.blogspot.com/ And my comments and anecdotes on life at: http://sheisaworkinprogress.blogspot.com/

Books That Matter. Well, some of the many that matter.

  • Magical Shrinking: Stumbling Through Bipolar Disorder, Chris Wells
  • Pride & Prejudice, Jane Austen
  • An Abudance of Katherines, John Green
  • Dave Pelzer
  • Franny & Zooey, J.D. Salinger
  • I Was Told There'd Be Cake, Sloane Crosley
  • The Cloister Walk, Kathleen Norris
  • The Developing Mind: How Relationships and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are, Daniel J. Siegel
Powered By Blogger