6 months ago
Thursday, December 4, 2008
"I'm sorry, but do I know you?" said the kitty
Apparently my cat is having some very Memento moments. Granted I have only been her human for . . . well, less than 36 hours (though barely that)so it makes sense for her to not be TOTALLY adjusted - but she seems to know who I am most of the time. Or she did until I went to bed and then when I could not sleep she was excited because I came out of my room, BUT then when cold I put on a sweatshirt and kept the hood up which apparently turned me into some sort of a monster. She was scared! I didn't realize it and it was not until I removed my hood that she began to like me again. THEN I went back to bed (some hours later) and when I again woke up she was on the stairs. I didn't turn on the light so apparently she didn't recognize me (again) and so she ran down the stairs and in the dark I could see her turning back to me and then walk/running backwards. Finally she scrunched back and it was like she was recoiling! It was sad. Then she tried to curl up with my computer and now she is missing. Well, she's not, but it's dark and thus she is out of site.
- a work in progress
- Portland, OR, United States
- I am a daughter, sister, friend, wife, counselor and colleague. I am a work in progress. There may be some pieces out of place and things might be messy, but it's okay. I would rather accept that I am still unfinished than think that this is it. You can find my comments on faith and spirituality on my blog: http://themessinessoffaith.blogspot.com/ And my comments and anecdotes on life at: http://sheisaworkinprogress.blogspot.com/
People You Wish You Knew (and some other cool blogs)
1 year ago
2 years ago
2 years ago
7 years ago
8 years ago
8 years ago
9 years ago
Books That Matter. Well, some of the many that matter.
- Magical Shrinking: Stumbling Through Bipolar Disorder, Chris Wells
- Pride & Prejudice, Jane Austen
- An Abudance of Katherines, John Green
- Dave Pelzer
- Franny & Zooey, J.D. Salinger
- I Was Told There'd Be Cake, Sloane Crosley
- The Cloister Walk, Kathleen Norris
- The Developing Mind: How Relationships and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are, Daniel J. Siegel
- ► 2009 (53)
- watch the soup simmer - hmmm a metaphor
- why? why? and again, why?
- The buildings crumble.
- Who is Herald?
- Into the Void I Speak
- Angels in the eary morning . . .
- Change of Plans
- Would It Be A White Christmas?
- The Beautiful Messiness of Faith: Intentionally Pl...
- My foe fettered to my brain, insomnia why must you...
- The Beautiful Messiness of Faith: "Silence"
- We Wear the Badges - We Are Trauma Junkies
- The Beautiful Messiness of Faith: Joan of Arcadia'...
- Santa, stories and a little sadness . . .
- "I'm sorry, but do I know you?" said the kitty
- ▼ December (16)